Review of Italian Stiletto Knife – Origin, Features, Types & Uses
Posted by sharpimport on 3/2/2020
Stiletto knife, better known as Italian Stiletto is a knife with splendid features. Today, we are reviewing this popular knife.
Stiletto is an all-rounder knife which offers plenty of uses. The users of this knife are in great numbers; thanks to its multipurpose benefits.
This is an advantageous knife, and that is why people are urged to use it for different purposes. You can understand the reasons behind the immense popularity of this knife in the US.
Let’s get to the review of the cool knife. We take a look at the history of this knife, features, types, uses and more. Let’s begin with a short description of the history of stiletto knife!
Quick Review of Origin of Stiletto Knife
Stiletto knife, as per a popular belief, originated in Italy. There are claims that it is an Asian knife, but those are all false. This is a pure Italian knife.
The history suggests that it was a pure combat knife. It was an alternative to daggers, a real combat weapon. It was designed as a dagger-like knife.
Stiletto was used by gangsters in Italy as a badass knife. However, it was popular among the soldiers. It was a great military knife.
Stiletto was also used in warfare. Ancient warriors used this knife as a pure fighting knife. At times, it was used as a primary fighting weapon while it was used as a secondary warfare weapon sometimes. That’s it from history!
Feature of Stiletto Knife
- Slender BladeThe real recognition of stiletto knife is a long slender blade. This is the most significant feature of this knife that makes it recognizable. The blade is long and slender and is thinner compared to other knives. This feature differentiates it from other knives.
- Ergonomic HandleStiletto knife always has an ergonomic handle. There is a great, comfortable handle and enables a strong grip on the knife. Fighting knives like these always have ergonomic handles to serve better grip on the knife.
- Dagger StyleStiletto was developed as an alternative to dagger. This knife is designed like a dagger, and it even looks like a real dagger. Anyways, it is a knife. It has a long and slender blade, and the handle looks like a dagger handle.
- Sharp PointOne important feature of a stiletto knife is the sharp point on its blade. This knife has a long blade with a needle-like point, making it a deadly knife.The sharp point allows the blade to penetrate deeply into the body. Hence, it can cause deep wounds. This is why it is considered a great combat knife. And also, it is a useful self-defense knife.
Types of Stiletto Knife
- Fixed Blade StilettoStiletto knife traditionally came with a fixed blade knife. Today, this type of stiletto is less preferred, but it is still used. This knife has a long slender blade fixed with the handle. The blade can’t be moved or folded into the handle. This type of stiletto promises enormous strength and durability.
- Stiletto SwitchbladeStiletto switchblade is a folding stiletto knife. This is a similar knife, but the blade of this knife can be folded inside the handle. There is a push button. You can push this button to quickly open the blade.This blade lacks strength, but is quite commonly used for self defense and utility tasks these days.
Uses of Stiletto Knife
- Self DefenseThe most prominent use of a stiletto knife is self defense. The stiletto switchblade is extremely effective in this regard. It is easy to carry, and can be deployed quickly.The powerful blade of the knife can cause serious injuries. When an attacker comes, just stab him with this knife. Excellent for battling the attackers!
- Close Quarter CombatStiletto is a great combat knife. It can be used as a pure fighting knife. Since it has a sharp point on the blade, it is great for thrusting and stabbing actions.
- Utility UsesStiletto knife does offer utility uses as well. Though it is not ideal for precise cutting, it has a powerful blade for utility work. You can carry it as your EDC knife for accomplishing cutting tasks that you need to get done on a daily basis.
To conclude the review, we can say that stiletto knife is a pure combat and fighting knife. It is not a great utility knife since it does not serve precise cutting.
However, if you want an effective self defense knife, prefer a stiletto switchblade to defend against the attacker. This is an ideal knife for modern enthusiasts. Your thought?