The buckler was designed to be a companion weapon that a warrior would use in melee combat. Thus, this Archers Buckler Shield is the perfect shield for an archer, who would only really use their shield when they entered into close quarters combat, as opposed to other warriors, who might need a large shield to fend off projectiles like arrows. A buckler was impractical for defense against speedy things like arrows, but in close quarters, it excelled at deflecting and blocking an opponents weapon with deft, effective hand-work. This buckler is crafted from one solid piece of 16 gauge steel and is based on a design out of the 14th century.
- A Fully Functional Medieval Steel Shield
- Features a Defensive Boss with Reinforced Rivets
- Modeled After the Medieval Buckler
- Has a wooden handle and leather strap on the back
- Constructed from 16 gauge mild steel